Blood ID Kastle Meyer Phenolphthalein Test
The Kastle-Meyer method uses phenolphthalein to presumptively test for the presence of hemoglobin. Sirchie now offers this field test in an easy-to-use, rugged pouch format. This pouch format is only available from Sirchie. We carefully designed our test in this format to ensure that you conduct every presumptive blood test using best practices according to the forensics community. Our test requires that you bring the sample that you want to test to the presumptive blood test pouch rather than applying the test directly to the suspect stain. The kit is shipped complete, including all of the items necessary to conduct 10 tests: distilled water, filter paper, and 10 test pouches.
- Simply dampen a piece of the included filter paper with a few drops of the provided distilled water.
- Press the filter paper to the suspected blood stain.
- Place the filter paper in the pouch, and close the pouch with the safety clip.
- Gently squeeze the ampoule in the pouch and agitate for 5 seconds.
- A color change to a bright pink is a positive result for the presence of blood.
- HAZMAT Shipping Charge