Current job openings at Sirchie
Shipper I is responsible for processing and expediting domestic shipments. This includes, but is not limited to, picking/packing orders, M/R, PO’s, completing BOLs, and prioritizing shipments. This is a fast-paced position and requires a strong sense of responsibility, a positive “can-do” attitude, and a sincere dedication to getting the job done. This position involves a degree of interaction and cooperation with Domestic Shipping Team Leader (DSTL), marketing staff, warehouse staff, and management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize and coordinate the packing and shipping of domestic orders.
- Communicate with Fulfillment to properly prioritize orders for shipments.
- Back-up and support the Domestic Shipping Team Leader (DSTL).
- Organize and monitor the most efficient sequence of operations, work flow, and personnel to meet production expectations and goals.
- Coach, counsel, and train employees.
- Maintain safety standards and policies.
- Identify and Support continuous improvement initiatives for quality, quantity of work and cost reductions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/team leader.
- Previous experience in Shipping
- Completion of Sirchie Dangerous Goods Training (within 2yrs. of hire)49CFR
- Intermediate knowledge of Sage (MAS200)
- Intermediate knowledge of Starship
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Completion of Sirchie Export Compliance Training
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate procedures and instructions when needed
- Excellent attendance record
- Self-driven, and motivated to work effectively
- Ability to drive high standards in Quality, Efficiency, and Accuracy
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- 1 year of relevant work experience, or a combination of education and experience
Environment, Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- This position is generally performed in a plant environment
- This environment is generally climate controlled
- The ability to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, or lift for 8 hours or more
- The ability to lift up to 70lbs. daily
- The Accountant will work closely with the Director of Finance and handles a multitude of accounting tasks which includes but is not limited to bank reconciliations, reconciling, and amortizing prepaid accounts, reconciling sub-ledgers to G/L for all balance sheet accounts, reviewing and posting journal entries and accruals. Fixed asset accounting. This position will aid Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable with any daily issues that arise and provide needed resolutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Daily sales reports and send out.
- Bank Account reconciliation Monthly
- Balance sheet reconciliation Monthly
- Analyze expense accounts for incorrect coding of prepaid expenses.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly Inventory
- Reviews and post Month end Accounts Payable accruals
- Properly code Freight bills weekly and send over to Accounts payable
- Audit and log weekly payroll reimbursements.
- Reconcile and enter payroll into General Ledger.
- Fixed asset and depreciation/ amortization
- Prepares needed requested reports and handles financial / tax audits.
- Update vendor information and obtain proper documentation for new Vendor setups/ changes.
- 1099 reporting Yearly
- Reconciliation of sales tax accounts through Avalara Monthly
- Fills out yearly census reports as required.
- Fulfills responsibilities of accounting clerical personnel when needed.
- Associates Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years related experience preferred
- Working knowledge of AR and AP processes
- Proficient in the use of excel, including pivot tables & VLOOKUP’s
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and independently in fast paced environment.
FAS (Fixed Asset System)
Any questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (800) 356-7311.
Sirchie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.