Advanced Latent Ridgeology Course
***NEW*** Download the 2014 Training Brochure ***NEW***
2014 Class Availability
Minimum Requirements: Each student must have attended and completed a Basic Latent Print Comparison Course to be accepted in the Advanced Ridgeology Course.
You need to attend this program if...
- You are a latent print AFIS operator desiring to improve your latent print comparison skills.
- You are a latent print examiner seeking advanced training in latent print comparison and identification.
- You are an experienced latent print examiner preparing to take the International Association for Identification Certified Latent Print Examination.
- You would like to receive training with case work quality latent prints for a real-life latent comparison experience.
This course combines both lecture and latent print practical exercises. The ACE-V methodology of comparing and identifying latent prints is discussed as it relates to the scientific method. Daubert and post Brandon Mayfield issues are also discussed.
Emphasis is placed on comparison techniques for comparing difficult and complex latent finger and palm prints. The latent print practical exercises are designed to provide a real-life case work type training experience.
This class is designed to provide an enjoyable learning environment and will at no time be an embarrassment to any student. If you are serious about improving your comparison skills, this class will prove both challenging and rewarding to you.
- The ACE-V methodology of latent print comparison and identiﬁcation
- Level 1, level 2 and level 3 detail in latent print comparisons
- Arch Recognition and Classification.
- Latent print orientation and comparison search clues.
- Fingerprint pattern interpretation and their uses in the comparison of latent fingerprints.
- Palm print orientation and palm print search clues in latent print comparisons.
- Daubert and post Brandon Mayfield issues.
Johnny Leonard is a retired Deputy Director of the City-County Bureau of Identification in Raleigh, NC and is both an I.A.I. Certified Latent Print Examiner and Footwear Examiner. He has also worked for the FBI and the NC State Bureau of Investigation. He has been a latent fingerprint examiner for the past 30 years and has over 41 years of fingerprint experience. During the past 34 years he has instructed over 110 classes and trained more than 1000 students in the science of fingerprints.
The course cost is $600.00 per student with class size limited to 20 students. Please bring your magniﬁer should you have one and if not, one will be provided for the duration of the class. Transportation, food and lodging costs are the responsibility of the student.
To enroll, register online at www.sirchie.com
or call (800) 356-7311, if you have any questions. You can also Fax: (919) 556-6784 Mon. thru Fri. ( 8:00 am to 4:30pm EST) Unless noted otherwise, all cancellations made at least 21 days prior to class will be refundable. Cancellations made 20 or less days prior to class will not be refundable. The instructor reserves the right to cancel the class due to lack of enrollment with all tuition refunded.
Raleigh is served by several major airlines through the Raleigh/Durham International Airport, which is just a short drive from SIRCHIE’s training complex.
There are a number of hotels in the area. Call our Training Director at (800) 356-7311 for a complete list.
The course is held at SIRCHIE®'s state-of-the-art manufacturing and training complex Youngsville, North Carolina