Latent Palm Print Comparison Course
Download the 2013 Training Brochure
Eligible: Dr. Jeffrey Farkas Memorial Scholarship
2013 Class Availability
September 30-October 4
Minimum Requirements for the class: Each student must have attended and completed a Basic Latent Fingerprint Comparison Course to be accepted in the Latent Palm Print Comparison Course. Students should dress casual for the class.
You need to attend this program if...
- You are a latent print AFIS operator desiring to improve your latent print comparison skills.
- You are a beginning latent print examiner seeking formal training in latent print comparison and identification.
- You are an experienced latent print examiner preparing to take the International Association for Identification Certified Latent Print Examination.
- You would like to learn valuable latent print comparison techniques to enhance your skills.
Many of my students have expressed to me that latent palm prints are very difficult for them to compare. They also suggested that I should develop a palm print comparison course that simulates routine case work type training. This is that class!
This course combines both lecture and latent palm print comparison exercises. The ACE-V methodology of comparing and identifying latent prints is discussed as it relates to the scientific method. The latent palm print practical exercises in this course will definitely provide a real-life case work type training experience.
If your goal is to improve your latent palm print comparison skills, this class will provide valuable training to help you achieve your goal.
- The ACE-V methodology of latent print comparison and identification
- Palm print topography and its use in comparisons
- Palm print points of direction, areas, and zones
- Major and Minor Flexion Creases
- Palm print orientation and palm print search clues in latent print comparisons
Johnny Leonard is a retired Deputy Director of the City-County Bureau of Identification in Raleigh, NC and is both an I.A.I. Certified Latent Print Examiner and Footwear Examiner. He has also worked for the FBI and the NC State Bureau of Investigation. He has been a latent fingerprint examiner for the past 30 years and has over 41 years of fingerprint experience. During the past 34 years he has instructed over 110 classes and trained more than 1000 students in the science of fingerprints.Course Fees
The course cost is $600.00 per student with class size limited to 24 students. Please bring your magnifier should you have one and if not, one will be provided for the duration of the class. Transportation, food and lodging costs are the responsibility of the student.Enrollment
To enroll, register online at www.sirchie.com
or call (800) 356-7311, if you have any questions. You can also Fax: (919) 556-6784 Mon. thru Fri. ( 8:00 am to 4:30pm EST) Unless noted otherwise, all cancellations made at least 21 days prior to class will be refundable. Cancellations made 20 or less days prior to class will not be refundable. The instructor reserves the right to cancel the class due to lack of enrollment with all tuition refunded.
Raleigh is served by several major airlines through the Raleigh/Durham International Airport, which is just a short drive from SIRCHIE®’s training complex. Transportation from motels to the training center is normally provided by the student. Sirchie will provide transportation if needed.Accommodations
There are a number of hotels in the area. Call our Training Director at (800) 356-7311 for a complete list.Location
The course is held at SIRCHIE®'s state-of-the-art manufacturing and training complex Youngsville, North Carolina.