Mastering the IAI Certification Exam
***NEW*** Download the 2014 Training Brochure ***NEW***
2014 Class Availability
March 31 - April 4
Minimum requirements for the class: Each student must have at least 2 years of Latent print experience to be accepted in the class.
Examiners who are preparing to take the Latent Print Certification exam are often most concerned about the comparison phase of the exam. Even though the exam is now 8 hours rather than 6.5 hours long, many still have a concern about running out of time and not completing the necessary 12 identifications. This class is being offered to help latent examiners overcome this fear. Students should dress casual for the class.
In this course, emphasis will be placed on:
- Recognizing valuable search clues when comparing latent finger and palm prints.
- Valuable tips will be offered to help improve time management skills during the exam.
- Numerous “timed” exercises, containing latent prints similar in difficulty to the IAI exam, will be administered and evaluated.
- Although this class mainly focuses on the comparison phase of the exam, information will also be provided to aid students in regards to the pattern recognition and written portions.
- How to overcome anxiety about the test
- Time management skills that work
- How to maximize your comparison skills
- Learning to work smarter and not harder
Johnny Leonard is a retired Deputy Director of the City-County Bureau of Identification in Raleigh, NC and is both an I.A.I. Certified Latent Print Examiner and Footwear Examiner. He has also worked for the FBI and the NC State Bureau of Investigation. He has been a latent fingerprint examiner for the past 30 years and has over 41 years of fingerprint experience. During the past 34 years he has instructed over 110 classes and trained more than 1000 students in the science of fingerprints.
The course cost is $600.00 per student with class size limited to 24 students. Please bring your magnifier should you have one and if not, one will be provided for the duration of the class. Transportation, food and lodging costs are the responsibility of the student.
To enroll, register online at www.sirchie.com
or call (800) 356-7311, if you have any questions. You can also Fax: (919) 556-6784 Mon. thru Fri. ( 8:00 am to 4:30pm EST) Unless noted otherwise, all cancellations made at least 21 days prior to class will be refundable. Cancellations made 20 or less days prior to class will not be refundable. The instructor reserves the right to cancel the class due to lack of enrollment with all tuition refunded.
Raleigh is served by several major airlines through the Raleigh/Durham International Airport, which is just a short drive from SIRCHIE®’s training complex. Accommodations
There are a number of hotels in the area. Call our Training Director at (800) 356-7311 for a complete list.Location
The course is held at SIRCHIE®'s state-of-the-art manufacturing and training complex Youngsville, North Carolina.